Monday, April 27, 2009

Hello faithful reader(s)



It has been brought to my attention by my follower from the longest distance (Alaska) that it has been too long since I have posted. I am truly sorry for making my readership wait so long to see what is going on in the life of the Sheltons! Not too much has been going on...we (yes, I did say WE) have been in the process of making curtains and pillows for Ellie's big girl room. Nana and Pop came this weekend and we had a wonderful time. Pop (or Bubba...as Ellie sometimes calls him) made Ellie's twin headboards and brought them to Nashville. We covered them with cute fabric. They look awesome. Brian and I sewed all last week on the curtains for her room. I am pretty sure that Brian will be quitting the practice of law soon to become a seamstress. Do you call a man a seamstress??? He is really great at sewing and especially at the measurements! (except that we made two whole panels and never put the foot down on the sewing machine!!!) Ladye sent us home with the first two seasons of Friday Night Lights, so we have been sewing and watching that!

Saturday night was Ellie's first night in her big girl bed. She crawled right in and never made a peep. I was so proud of her. I went to check on her during nap yesterday and she was sound asleep on the floor. I think she crawled out and couldn't figure out how to get back in. Fine with me...as long as she slept and didn't come out! Thanks Nana and Pop for all your hard work!!! We miss you and can't wait for you to come back.

Our friends Sammy and Lisa came to visit with their little one this weekend. Lisa ran the Music City Half Marathon this weekend. She did great and it was really fun to see them. That is Hailey in the picture with Brian and Ellie. Thanks to Mom and Es for our newest children...Lola and Mae. They are our new birds that have flowers in them. We love them!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amanda White said...

Um... LOVE the birds!!!! They are TOO fun! And... Ellie looks pretty dang cute in that blue dress!